About Scott McGuffin
Scott McGuffin graduated from the University of New Hampshire and Franklin Pierce Law Center and was admitted to the practice of law in New Hampshire and in the Federal District Court of New Hampshire in 1981. He began his law career as a staff guardian for the New Hampshire Office of Public Guardian and later became staff counsel and quality assurance officer for the Lakes Region Community Services Council.
These early professional experiences led Mr. McGuffin to open his own practice in Laconia in 1985 to assist families, individuals, and institutional clients needing legal representation in the probate court system, as well as to provide estate planning services and guidance in end-of-life issues. In addition to practicing probate law throughout the state, he consults and represents non-profit and for-profit corporations and limited liability companies in legal and governance matters.
Mr. McGuffin is active in both professional and civic capacities, lending his expertise to numerous boards and committees. When not wearing his professional and civic hats, he enjoys spending time with his wife Linda and son Dylan on their horse farm in Northfield as well as indulging in his passions for sailing, hiking, skiing, and running marathons.
• Appellate Board, NH Department of Employment Security
Vice Chairman 1998-2002 Chairman 2002-2006
• NH Bar Association, Board of Governors 1994-1996
• NH Bar Association Municipal and Real Property and Elder Law/Probate Sections
• Certified Guardian ad Litem (GAL)
• Moderator, Town of Northfield
• Central NH Mental Health Services, Board of Directors 1979-1982
• Twin Rivers Mental Health Center, Board of Directors 1977-1983
• Spaulding Youth Center, Board of Trustees 1982-present
• Spaulding Youth Center Foundation, Board of Directors 1999-present
• Hall Memorial Library (Northfield), Board of Trustees 1990-1998
• Adult Education, Instructor – Wills, Estates, Homeowner Law